Building & Contents Insurance

Protecting your most valuable asset – your home. Building insurance is a mandatory requirement that all Mortgage Lenders look for when arranging a mortgage, regardless of whether you’re buying a property or re-mortgaging.

When you’ve invested so much in your home, why risk losing it all? Buildings and contents insurance is a relatively cost-efficient way to safeguard your personal possessions and domestic haven against any accidents, damage, fire and theft. Without it, who would foot the bill if disaster struck? You’d be forgiven for thinking that all home insurance products are the same. But pricing, cover, excesses and optional extras do vary widely.

You are likely to save money if you’ve got:

  • A combined buildings and contents policy
  • A good claims history.

A review is increasingly important when you’ve recently added space or made significant alterations to your property. We can advise if you have the right level of cover in place at the best price.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, plus fixtures and fittings, such as fitted kitchens and bathrooms. When specific incidents occur, your insurer will pay out up to the maximum sum you’re insured for. Some insurance policies will also cover outbuildings, including garages and greenhouses.

It is a mandatory requirement to have Buildings insurance in place if you have a mortgage. It is important that your property sum insured is enough to pay for a full re-build. Although these costs are influenced by market value prices, the real cost may be less or more.

It’s natural to be influenced by price. But when selecting your insurance policy, get clued up on what situations you are covered for, or your insurance could end-up being a false economy.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance is a cost-efficient way to restore some degree of normality if your house burnt down tomorrow, was broken into and items stolen or vandalised, or flash floods washed away your prized possessions. This covers damage to household goods and personal effects including money, belonging to you and your family.

There are optional features that you can add to the plan such as Accidental Damage, Personal Possessions cover, Home Emergency and Legal Expenses cover.

Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

For mortgage advice you can choose how we are paid: pay a fee, usually 0.4% of the loan amount or we can accept commission from the lender.

Registered address – Heritage House, 9b Hoghton Street, Southport Merseyside PR9 0TE.

Country of registration – England | Registration number – 04249019